Friday, June 4, 2010

Cinque Terre

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” ~ Maya Angelou

Cinque Terre is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. First, we took a bus to La Spezia, then I got on a boat to visit Portovenere, Monterosso and Vernazza.



Giorgio Armani's yacht!



Portovenere






I had lunch with a couple from California and the tour guide. I found it interesting to listen to their stories about where they came from. I thought about the stories people tell when they first meet people and what's most important to them that others know.


Monterosso


Vernazza: I saw a lot of women hanging out of windows watching the people here in Italy.


I also saw a lot of laundry hanging, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment