Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meeting Florence

When I arrived in Florence I got settled in my hotel. It’s called Hotel Gioia (pronounced Joy-ya) and is it ever a joy! I am smack in the middle of Piazza del Duomo and Accademia! Since I didn’t have too much time to look around, I just wanted to get my bearings down. I wandered past the Duomo, mouth dropped open the entire time, with my camera snapping. Then I headed towards Ponte Vecchio where the streets are lined with gold – gold jewelry that is – there are so many jewelry shops that I couldn’t believe my eyes! I ate at a lovely restaurant that was right above the Arno River and across from Uffizi Gallery. The view was mesmerizing as it had my complete attention. Later I made some phone calls home and had a rest on the steps of Santa Maria del Fiore, otherwise known as the Duomo which means house, but in this case, the House of God. I feel so blessed to have this experience! “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” ~St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment